The Utilities Department operates and maintains both the water and wastewater utilities. The water utility includes service to more than 2000 customers with 31 miles of water main, over 325 fire hydrants, 4 wells with iron filtration, fluoride and chlorine addition. The wastewater utility services the same customers with approximately 30 miles of collection mains, 5 lift stations, and a 1.2 million gallon per day extended aeration wastewater treatment facility. The utilities also prepare monthly billing and operate the payment collection program.
Water bills are sent out monthly and are due within 20 days of the billing date.
Payments can be made in the following ways:
Automatic Payment Plan - Free automatic payment set up is done at the Utility Department. The account balance will be automatically withdrawn on 16th of the month, or business day following the 16th. To sign up for this free service, fill out and return the ACH Authorization Form to the Utility Department at 400 Kekoskee Street.
Payment Service Network (PSN) also offers an automatic payment plan. PSN charges a nominal fee.
PSN hints: - When setting up your account, enter the utility account number without the dashes;
- Make sure to enter the name(s) exactly as it appears on your bill;
- If you need any help setting up your online account, please contact PSN at their
toll-free phone number 1-866-917-7368.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover or e-Check online or by phone through PSN.
- Address or name changes cannot be made through PSN, you do need to contact our office
directly at (920) 387-7906 x 1224.
- When making name changes, please let our office know you have a PSN account.
Payment by Phone - Call Payment Service Network (PSN) toll free at 1-877-885-7968 to pay by phone.
In Person or By Mail - make payments by cash, check or money order at:
400 Kekoskee Street
Mayville, WI 53050
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30a - 4:30p, Fridays 7:00a - 3:30p
15 S. School Street
Mayville, WI 53050
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00a - 12:00p; 12:30p - 4:30p
City Hall has a silver drop box in their parking lot if you cannot make payment during business hours.
A late payment charge of 1 percent per month will be added to bills not paid within 20 days of issuance. This late payment charge will be applied to the total unpaid balance for utility service, including unpaid late payment charges. The utility customer or property owner may be given a written notice that the bill is overdue no sooner than 20 days after the bill is issued. Any bills not paid by the September due date will begin the process to be placed on the property owner's taxes.
Director of Utilities
Phone: 920-387-7906 ext 1223
Phone: 920-387-7906 ext 1224
Monday-Thursday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Phone: 920-387-7906 x 1224
400 Kekoskee St.
Mayville, WI 53050
Monday-Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Emergencies after Service Hours call 920-948-6825.
Lead Service Replacement Program
The Lead Water Service Abatement Grant Program was created to reimburse property owners a portion of qualifying costs for replacing their private lead water service. Funding is available for property owners that are required to replace their lead water service to allow the City of Mayville to meet Wisconsin DNR requirements for the Clean Water Loan program.
For 2018 - the Water/Wastewater Commission has approved a reimbursement allowance up to $50 per linear foot of pipe installed or $3,500 (whichever is lower) for each lead water service replacement.
How the program works:
- Hire a qualified contractor to replace your lead water service. A list of contractors has been included to assist you with your selection process. The contractor you hire to do the work is entirely your decision (you don't have to pick from this list).
- Obtain a building permit for the water service replacement from City Hall.
- Schedule the water service replacement with your contractor.
- After the new water service has been installed but before it has been buried, contact the City of Mayville building inspector (Rob Froh - 920-382-6202) to complete an inspection of your replaced water service. This inspection must be completed to verify the water service has been replaced.
- Fill out the attached Application for Reimbursement within 30 days of the date on the paid invoice and return to the City of Mayville Utilities. Your application must be accompanied by an itemized invoice and paid receipt. All work must be completed and paid for before reimbursement application is submitted.
Please accompany a W-9 with your reimbursement form.
Pay Your Water Bill Online
*A convenience fee of $1.00 for check and saving payments; 2.75% (+$.50 if under $100) for credit and debit card payments.