Click each position to view the job description. Please fill out a general application and include the following pages as well:
Click on the link below for the full job descpritions!
The City of Mayville Utilities is accepting applications for employment as a Wastewater Utilities Operator. The operator performs skilled and technical repairs in order to maintain, repair, or replace wastewater operations components as well as maintain the sewerage system. The operator is also responsible for repairs and maintenance of facility grounds. The City of Mayville Utilities is seeking an organized and highly motivated individual to join our team.
Responsibilities include: Maintenance and operations of buildings, grounds, equipment, water distribution and sewer collection systems, water/wastewater facilities, lift stations, and general laboratory duties in the absence of the lab technician. This position requires on-call rotation and scheduled weekend and holiday duties.
Required qualifications include Wisconsin DNR applicable certifications and a State of Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or the ability to obtain with 6 months.
The starting wage range is $22-29/hour and is dependent on CDL status and WI DNR operator certifications. The City of Mayville also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Application may be obtained at via https://www.mayvillecity.com/2345/custom/49928. Applications, resumes, and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled and emailed to Courtney Steger, Director of Utilities at email@example.com.
The City of Mayville is an equal opportunity employer.
WASTEWATER PLANT OPERATOR
General Statement of Duties:
Performs a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of the Mayville Wastewater Treatment Plant and lift stations; additional related work as required.
This position requires performing repetitive tasks in the daily operation and maintenance of a municipal wastewater treatment plant. Work is carried out in accordance with established standards, guidelines, and operating procedures. This position reports to the Utility Director.
Examples of Work:
- Operates electric pumps, control panels, and other treatment plant equipment;
- Cleans primary clarifiers and contact chamber;
- Cleans and maintains ultraviolet disinfection system;
- Cleans and maintains plant building;
- Operates sewer cleaning vehicle;
- Operates and maintains industrial samplers;
- Cleans and maintains lift stations;
- Takes daily readings from gauges and operating equipment;
- Greases fittings in motors, pumps, and plant equipment;
- Brushes weirs on the clarifiers;
- Cuts grass and removes snow at the plant and lift stations;
- Drains various types of tanks;
- Maintenance of operating equipment as necessary;
- Additional related work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of wastewater treatment plant operation and maintenance;
- Knowledge of functions and mechanics of pumps and other electrical equipment and machinery;
- Ability to read gauges and meters accurately;
- Ability to follow oral and written directions and communicate with other operators;
- Mental alertness and mechanical aptitude;
- Good physical condition.
Experience and Training:
- A minimum of completion of a standard high school education is required with additional applicable secondary education being desirable;
- Experience in operating and maintaining a wastewater treatment plant;
- Must be a Certified Wisconsin DNR Wastewater Operator with at least a basic level license in the appropriate subclasses; or ability to obtain and actively pursue additional licensing.
- Must have a Wisconsin Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Experience or ability to cross train in operation and maintenance of a water distribution system for periodic on-call and emergency assistance.