Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image Untitled Header Image

Building Inspector


Information Required to obtain a Permit for new single and two family dwellings


  • Two Sets of Plans
  • Two Surveys or Site Plans, showing all setbacks and erosion control measures
  • Calculations heat loss
  • Contractor’s State Certification numbers
  • Completed building permit applications


Projects Requiring Permits


  • New Homes
  • Additions, including decks and sheds
  • Remodeling
  • Roofing, Siding, Window replacements if over $1,000
  • Commercial
  • Signs
  • Electric, Plumbing, and Heating changes
  • Fences, Retaining Walls
  • Pools

Any project that requires excavating, improving, altering, converting, repairing, extending or demolishing of lot, building or structure must first obtain a building permit. Separate permits must be obtained for land disturbing, erosion control, plumbing, heating, electrical, and building. Permits are also required for both temporary and permanent electrical service. Signs include banners, flags, balloons, and sandwich boards.


Required Inspections


  • Erosion Control
  • Sewer Lateral & Water Service
  • Setback, Footing & Bleeding Tile
  • Interior Drain Tile, Sump & Vaper Retarder
  • Foundation & Exterior Drain Tile
  • Underfloor Building Drain
  • Permanent Electric Service
  • Concealed Plumbing Rough
  • Heating Rough
  • Construction Rough
  • Firestop, Ventilation, Insulation & Vaper Retard
  • Final

The Building Inspector spends part of the day in the office and part of the day out in the community. If you come in or call while the inspector is out, your call or message will be returned when the inspector returns to the office. When leaving a message or coming in please be prepared to give the location address, type of inspection, and the contractor’s name.

City Clerk


How To Apply For An Absentee Ballot


State Statutes allow anyone who is unable or unwilling to go to the polls on Election Day to vote by absentee ballot. Voters no longer need to give a reason when requesting an absentee ballot. You can cast an absentee ballot in person or by mail.

Please Note . . . If you are not already registered, you will also need to register to vote before an absentee ballot can be sent to you.

Absentee Voting in Person

Absentee voting in the Clerk's Office is now determined by each municipality before an election. Contact the Clerk's Office for in office Absentee voting dates/times. Absentee voting ends at the close of business on the Friday before the election.

Where: City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 15 S. School Street

When: 8:00am to 12:00pm or 12:30pm to 4:30pm., Monday through Friday

Call: 920-387-7900 X 1203 to make sure ballots are available.

Request by Mail

You can request and vote an absentee ballot by mail. You must submit a written request containing the following information:

  1. Name
  2. Mayville Address
  3. Date of Election(s)
  4. Address the absentee ballot should be mailed
  5. Contact Phone Number
  6. Signature
  7. Date

or click here to download the Application For Absentee Ballot (EL121).

Complete the form and mail it to:

City Clerk's Office
P.O. Box 273
Mayville WI 53050

OR complete the Absentee Request form online at https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/VoteAbsentee

The application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 5th day (Thursday) before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you.

An elector may apply for an absentee ballot by facsimile or email; however, the faxed or emailed application must contain a copy of the applicant's signature and the elector must return a copy of the faxed or emailed application with the elector's original signature with the absentee ballot.

More information is available at myvote.wi.gov


How to Register to Vote


How to Register

There are multiple ways in which an Elector May Register to Vote:

  1. By Mail: Download the Application for Voter Registration (EL-131), (click here to download) complete the form and mail it into your municipal clerk's office up to 5:00 p.m. on the 3rd Wednesday (20th day) before the election.
    • Please Note: Proof of Residence is required for any elector, who is not a military or overseas elector, who registers by mail and has not previously voted in an election in Wisconsin. A copy must be included when submitting the registration application. If it is not included, the elector will be required to supply it before being issued a ballot.
  2. In Person: Register in the municipal clerk's office up to the close of business on the Friday before the election. Note: After the BY MAIL deadline, the elector shall present acceptable proof of residence as outlined below.
  3. Online at My Vote: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/RegisterToVote during the open registration period.  
  4. At the Polling Place on Election Day: If you wish to register to vote at your polling place, you must bring proof that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election. For purposes of voter registration, the identifying document constitutes acceptable proof of residence if it includes:
    • A current and complete name, including both the given and family name and
    • A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality.

Identifying documents must be valid on the day that an elector makes application for registration in order to constitute proof of residence.

Proof of Residence

Acceptable Forms of Identifying Documents that Serve as Proof of Residency are:

  1. A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license.
  2. A current and valid Wisconsin identification card issued by the Department of Transportation.
  3. Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  4. An official identification card or license issued by an employer in the normal course of business that contains a photograph of the cardholder or license holder, but not including a business card.
  5. A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
  6. A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election
  7. Day - except for first-time voters registering by mail.
  8. A university, college, or technical institute fee card or identification card (must include photo).
  9. A gas, electric or telephone service statement (utility bill) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
  10. A bank statement.
  11. A paycheck.
  12. A check or other document issued by a unit of government.

More information is available at myvote.wi.gov


Voter Public Access


Voter Public Access Gives Wisconsin Voters One-Stop Access to Information about exercising their right to vote.

(click here to Look up your Voter Registration, Polling Place Location, Absentee Ballot Status, Provisional Ballot Status, or Register to Vote.


Voter Registration Qualifications


In order to vote an individual must be:

  1. A U.S. citizen
  2. Be age 18 or older on or before Election Day
  3. Have resided in an election district or ward for 10 days before any election where the citizen offers to vote.
  4. Not be disqualified from voting for any of the reasons described in 6.03 of the Wis Stats.
    • Any person convicted of treason, felony, or bribery that has not been pardoned or competed the terms of his or her sentence including probation, parole, or extended supervision.
    • A person who has been deterred by a court to be incapable of understanding the objective of the elective process or who is under guardianship.
    • Anyone who has made or become interested, directly or indirectly, in any bet or wager depending upon the result of the election.
  5. As of January 1, 2003, the federal "Help American Vote Act of 2002," requires any person registering to vote to:
    • Provide a Driver License or other WI Department of Transportation (DOT) issued identification number. If you have not been issued a WI Driver License/WI DOT issued identification card, provide the last four digits of your social security number.
    • If you have neither a driver's license or other WI DOT issued identification number, nor a social security number, indicate so in the appropriate area of the registration form (Box 2 on Form GAB-131).
    • Answer the following questions (Box 9 on Form GAB-131)
      1. Are you a citizen of the United States of America?
      2. Will you be 18 years of age on or before election day?

Note: The registration cannot be processed until the elector provides this information and answers the questions.

All Electors Must Be Registered Before Being Issued a Ballot.

City Comptroller/Treasurer


Assessment Inquires


The City of Mayville contracts the services of Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc of Appleton to provide Assessment of all City Property. Manufacturing Assessments are completed by the State of Wisconsin.

If you have questions or concerns regarding your assessment of your property, please contact Associated Appraisal at 800-721-4157.

Assessment Information can be accessed on the Associated Appraisal Website. http://www.apraz.com/.

Select Property Search from the left side of the page, then select Dodge County, and click on City of Mayville.You can then search by parcel # or by street address.


Dog & Cat Licenses


No person shall own or keep any dog or cat more than five (5) months of age without obtaining a license from the City of Mayville. Sections 174.05 to 174.9, Wis. Stats., shall apply to licensing of dogs. The licensing year is January 1 to December 31.

Residents are reminded to please bring along your current rabies vaccination papers when licensing your dog or cat.

Licenses are available by mail. Please send a copy of your rabies vaccination papers along with your payment and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Your license and vaccination papers will be mailed back to you.

License Fees:

Spayed or Neutered $10.00

Unspayed or Unneutered $20.00

If you do not license your dog or cat before March 31, you will be assessed a $10 late charge.

Pet Fancier License

If you own 4 or more dogs/cats, you must purchase a Pet Fancier License for $10.

For further information, please contact the Comptroller/Treasurer - 920-387-7900 x1207.


Special Assessment Inquiries


Please contact the Comptroller/Treasurer for Special Assessment Information - 920-387-7900 x1207.




Property Tax Payments

  • Mail Tax Payments to City of Mayville-Treasurer, P O Box 273, Mayville, WI 53050. If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self-addressed stamped return envelope.
  • Use the drop box located in East parking lot at City Hall. All receipts for payments received in the drop box will be mailed back to you.
  • Pay in person at City Hall. Hours are 8:00 am to Noon, 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
  • Escrow Refunds will be mailed to the property owner within 10 business days.
  • Escrow Checks - Please make sure to sign the back of the check.

Real Estate Taxes

1st Installment is payable to the City of Mayville-Treasurer by January 31.

Full Payments are payable to the City of Mayville-Treasurer by January 31.

2nd Installment is payable to the Dodge County Treasurer by July 31.

Mailing Address:

Dodge County Treasurer
127 East Oak Street
Juneau, WI 53039

Questions concerning your tax bill after January 31 may be directed to the Dodge County Treasurer's Office 920-386-3782.

Personal Property Taxes

Full Payment is due to the City of Mayville-Treasurer by January 31.

Late Payments

If you are late in paying your taxes, you will be charged a penalty and interest charge by Dodge County. The interest starts on February 1 and accumulates at a rate of one percent per month. In addition, Dodge County imposes an additional penalty of one-half percent per month. Please contact the Dodge County Treasurer's Office with questions about late payments. 920-386-3782.

EMS Department


Mayville EMS


Mayville EMS is located at 102 Mill Place. It is separate from the fire department, but works closely with them. The service has three Horton type III ambulances. The service is licensed as an Intermediate Technician Service. We presently have 13 members working in three shifts - day, night, and weekends.

To become an EMT - Intermediate Technician, it takes 216 hours of class, completed through the Moraine Park Technical College. Students must pass MPTC's, The National Registry and Wisconsin State Test which incudes a written and practical exam to receive his/her license. To maintain that license the EMT must take a refresher course every two years. There is also recertification on certain skills that must be done with our training officer every six months, and our medical control director every year. The service must follow protocols from our medical control doctor. We must stay compliant with all federal, state, and local laws/regulations. There are mandatory monthly meetings/practices.

Our service also gives CPR and first aid classes, and offers demonstrations/talks to the public through city organizations, churches, etc. Every year the EMT's go to all of the local schools (pre-K through 2nd grade) instructing the children about health and safety, and how to use 911.

Parks and Recreation


Directions to City Park (Fireman's Field, Lion's Point Park, & Mayville Park Pavlion)


View Larger Map

Fireman's Park

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature

Lion's Point Park

Mayville Park Pavilion   

Image result for fireman's field, mayville, wi


Directions to Ribbens Park


View Larger Map


Directions to Theiler Park


View Larger Map


Directions to Ziegler Park


View Larger Map

Police Department


Winter Parking


Parking is prohibited between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., from December 1st to April 1st on all streets in the City. There are lots in the city that you can buy parking permits for to park your vehicle. Please stop by City Hall to buy your parking permits. 

Tag Center


Aquatic Center Features


  • 12,500 Sq. Ft. of Building Space
  • 228' Tube Slide
  • Zero Depth Entry
  • Water Gizmos and Gadgets
  • 3 Lane Lap Pool
  • Shower and Locker Room Facilities
  • Family Changing Rooms
  • Deck Space with Tables and Chairs
  • Lifeguard Services provided by the City of Mayville


Fitness Center Features


  • Supervision and Instruction by a Certified Personal Trainer from Agnesian Health Care
  • 4200 Sq. Ft. of Workout Area
  • 8 LifeFitness Treadmills
  • 7 LifeFitness Elliptical Cross Trainer
  • 2 LifeFitness Upright Bikes
  • 3 LifeCycle Recumbent Bikes
  • 1 LifeFitness StairClimber
  • 1 Nustep
  • Cardio-Theater on all Cardio Equipment
  • 2 Stairmaster Greg Lamond Revmaster Bikes
  • 18 Units of LifeFitness Selectorized Weight Equipment
  • 1000 Sq. Ft. Mezzanine Free Weight Area
  • Magnum Fitness Breaker Benches
  • Smith Press
  • Flat to Incline Bench
  • Decline Bench
  • Preacher Curl
  • Adjustable Sit-up Benches
  • Stretching and Mat Areas


Other Building Features


Elevated Walking/Running Track

  • 1/14 of a Mile Elevated Indoor Walking/Running Track (2 lanes 14 laps to a mile)
  • Spectacular View of the Area Landscape


  • One Main Basketball Court
  • 4 Portable Basketball Hoops
  • One Main Volleyball Court
  • Main Area for Fitness Activity Classes

Community Rooms

  • Available for rent for Birthday Parties or Meetings (packages available)
  • Complete with Sinks, Tables, Chairs, Microwaves, Coolers and Television
  • Rent Separately or as One Room

Casual Lounge

  • 14' x 24' Stained Glass Donor Mural
  • 1000 Sq. Ft. area of Lounge Area
  • 50" Big Screen TV
  • Vending Machines
  • Tables and Chairs

Outside Deck Area

  • Adjacent to the Aquatic Center
  • Tables, Chairs, and Patio Furniture

Administrative Areas

  • Front Desk Coordinates all Membership, Fitness and Aquatic Registrations
  • Front Desk Coordinates all Park and Recreation Registrations

*Childcare available at selected times only

Water/Wastewater Utility


Pay Your Water Bill Online


Click here to pay your Water Bill 

*A convenience fee of $1.00 for check and saving payments; 2.75% (+$.50 if under $100) for credit and debit card payments.


How do I sign up for AUTO PAY at no extra charge?


Fill out the ACH Authorization Form.

Email completed ACH Authorization Form and a voided check to utility@mayvillecity.com.